International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) is now accepting applications from young physicists and mathematicians from developing countries for the 2021-2022 class of its Postgraduate Diploma Programme.
The one-year course of intense study prepares talented students for Ph.D. studies, as part of the Centre’s efforts to promote advanced scientific research in developing countries. Each successive class of Postgraduate Diploma students helps bring this dream to life.
Students have gone on to Ph.D. programs all over the world, launching them into successful scientific careers. Two semesters of classes are followed by a research project and dissertation. Interested students can apply to study in one of five subject areas:
- High Energy, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Earth System Physics
- Quantitative Life Sciences.
The scholarships covers:
- travel grants
- course fees.
- a monthly stipend of 450 Euro
- accommodation is provided by ICTP.
- The Postgraduate Diploma Programme is open to young (generally below 28 years of age), qualified graduates from all countries that are members of the United Nations, UNESCO or IAEA.
- The minimum qualification for applicants is a degree equivalent to an MSc (or an exceptionally good BSc) in physics, mathematics, or in a field related to the topics listed below.
- The selection of candidates will be based on their university records and on academic recommendations.
- Since the Postgraduate Diploma Programme is in English, fluency in speaking and writing is an essential qualification.
- The applicant is expected to have adequate knowledge of the topics in the specific field for which he/she is applying.
In addition to completing an online application form, candidates should upload the following as part of their application:
- Copies of transcripts of university academic records and university degrees in English (The selected candidates will be required to provide originals or certified copies of these documents as well as of their official English translation before he/she can be admitted to the Programme).
- Any certificates or documents that give proof of the student’s ability to follow advanced-level courses, study and write scientific literature in the English language.
- Two letters of recommendation, from senior scientists familiar with the applicant’s studies and work.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Deadline: January 31, 2021
For more information visit the official site.