The West African Research Association (WARA), in cooperation with the Mastercard Foundation is happy to announce its Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program for young West African scholars.
This program represents their shared commitment to expanding possibilities for emerging West African scholars, people who are transforming ideas into active solutions to the region’s and the world’s concerns.
West Africa, like the rest of the world, has an abundance of intellectual resources. Universities are academic hubs for scientists, historians, artists, and social scientists. Young researchers in the region are conducting groundbreaking research in agriculture, technology, the humanities, and a variety of other fields. They are poised to deliver innovative solutions to challenges posed by the changing climate, demographic shifts, and cultural transformations that mark our times. The Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program will support the research initiatives of these young scholars.
The Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship program will award five doctoral research grants of $4,000 each.
- The Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowship is open to doctoral students under age 35 who are based in West African institutions of higher education, for research on the continent.
- Priority will be given to research projects focusing on women, technology, and entrepreneurship.
- Project abstract (50-80 words)
- 1500word proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement explaining how the research will contribute to meeting critical needs on the continent
To apply for the Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships for West Africa, click here.
Deadline: August 14, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.