The Institut français d’archéologie orientale (IFAO) and the Polish Centre of Mediterranean Archaeology, University of Warsaw (PCMA) invites applications for a 16-month Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will organize an international two-day Seminar/Workshop on a subject in relation with Ancient and Medieval Northeastern Africa (Egypt and/or Nubia). The application must outline the state of the art in the proposed subject and clearly present an added value to the studies of past societies. They encourage cross-disciplinary proposals offering a wider, comparative perspective of the area under study.
Following the conference, the Post-Doctoral Fellow will be in charge of the edition of the proceedings and will submit the manuscript for approval by the joint IFAO-PCMA editorial committee. During the entire course of the appointment, the Fellow will take part in the scientific activities of IFAO and PCMA and carry out his/her own research. The Fellow is expected to stay in Cairo during the Fellowship and divide his/her time equally between the PCMA and IFAO.
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The stipend for the entire period of the Fellowship is 32 000 Euros in total, paid on a monthly basis.
- The Fellowship is open for applicants of all nationalities.
- The applicant must hold a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in a discipline related to the study of Ancient and Medieval Northeastern Africa and/or the Near East for maximum 7 years.
Applications must include the following information:
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae, including the list of publications.
- Publication list highlighting the most important publications (maximum 2 pages).
- The names and contact information (including emails) for three referees.
- Research proposals maximum of 5-page.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: November 15, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.