The International Institute for Young Applied Scientists (IIASA) offers a summer program for PhD students to undertake a scientific project on a topic related to the IIASA research agenda.
IIASA offers an incredibly dynamic and creative research environment that allows early career researchers to thrive and launch their careers in the field of applied systems analysis.
The program is designed for PhD students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving their PhD) working on a topic compatible with ongoing research at IIASA and a wish to explore the policy implications of their work. Participants will be working under the direct mentorship of an experienced IIASA scientist in a unique interdisciplinary and international research environment. They will produce a paper (serving as the first step towards a publishable journal article) and will get the opportunity to build up contacts for future collaboration within the institute’s worldwide network.
The program areas include:
- Advancing Systems Analysis
- Biodiversity and Natural Resources
- Economic Frontiers
- Energy, Climate, and Environment
- Population and Just Societies
- Strategic Initiatives
The stipend varies slightly among NMOs, but usually, it is € 1500 per month plus airfare.
- The program is designed for PhD students working on a topic compatible with the interdisciplinary IIASA research agenda
- Applicants from all countries are welcome to apply
- There’s no upper age-limit for applicants
For detailed information on how to apply for IIASA Young Scientists Research Summer Program 2022, click here.
Deadline: January 14, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.