The Indian Government through its Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) invites applications from students from Africa to the ICCR scholarship for postgraduate and higher courses programs at Institutions/Universities in India.
At the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses.
Under this Scheme, the Council offers scholarships to the following African countries:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Libya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan (Republic of), Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, etc.
The scholarships covers:
- Tuition Fee/Other Compulsory Fee Monthly Stipend.
- House Rent Allowance (Per Month).
- In Grade 1 cities-5,000 and other cities-4,500.
- Contingent Grant (per annum).
- Thesis and dissertation Expenses (Once in the entire duration of course)
- D Scholar-10,000 and for BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.
- Tech and other course required submission of Project-7.000.
- Medical Benefits.
- This scholarship is open to students from African countries.
- Priority will be given to students who have never studied in India before.
- Students applying for doctoral/ post-doctoral courses should include a synopsis of their proposed area of research.
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English.
- Students must carry a proper visa. Students should ensure that they get the correct visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission.
- Students wishing to study performing arts should, if possible, enclose video/ audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Deadline: February 28, 2021
For more information visit the official site.