The Institute for Neuromodulation and Neurotechnology at the University Hospital Tuebing invites applications for Postdocs and Ph.D. positions.
The Institute for Neuromodulation and Neurotechnology at the University Hospital Tuebingen, Germany, unites neuroscientists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicians following a common goal: To improve the lives of patients with brain disorders using state-dependent stimulation and adaptive neurotechnology for neuromodulation of the nervous system.
As a translational group, they will develop novel neuromodulation tools and work closely together with biomedical companies to gain access to innovative neurotechnology. They will combine basic studies on healthy subjects with clinical studies on patient populations, and apply the knowledge gained from these studies to refine our treatment protocols.
The Institute for Neuromodulation at University Hospital Tuebingen Postdocs and Ph.D. positions covers:
- Access to novel brain stimulation paradigms to expand the understanding of the human brain and develop new therapies.
- Opportunity to work with in vivo electrophysiological data from patients and healthy controls.
- Support of their work with a broad range of pre-built analysis tools and assistance in designing theirr own approaches.
- Access to state-of-the-art technologies to generate reliable results.
- A team that is united by one vision: to enhance the understanding of the human brain in order to invent and implement new and more effective therapies.
- Master’s degree or PhD in the field of Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or related fields. Solid understanding of statistical data analysis, digital signal processing and/or programming principles.
- Programming skills in Python or MATLAB and/or experience in applying statistical tools, e.g., machine learning for data analysis.
- Electrophysiological techniques, e.g., BCI/BMI, tDCS/tACS, TMS, VNS, NMES, DBS, M/EEG, LFP, MER and/or EMG.
- The University of Tübingen is anxious to increase its quota of female scientific staff, and therefore emphatically requests women to apply for this position.
The application to the Institute for Neuromodulation at University Hospital Tuebingen should include
- Curriculum vitae (including publication record: research manuscripts, journal papers, conference contributions etc.)
- Names and email addresses of three professional references
- Transcript of Records
- Cover letter outlining
- how they meet the requirements for the position
- which techniques/methods they would like to be involved in
- relevant details of their past research projects, and
- an explanation of how their previous experience lends itself to their research program.
To apply to Institute for Neuromodulation at University Hospital Tuebingen Postdocs and Ph.D. positions, click here.
Application Deadline: October 16, 2021
For more information, visit the official site.