The African German Network of Excellence in Science (AGNES) invites applications for its founding programs for African researchers, 2021.
The grants are meant for researchers in their early careers (Doctoral students / Junior researchers) as well as academics-based research institutions or universities in sub-Saharan African countries to assist them to take on effective research for one or two months at a research institute/university in another sub-Saharan African country recognized as the host institution where they will work together with a knowledgeable researcher known as the scientific host.
However, the AGNES founding programs cover two small grant fundings:
- AGNES Intra-Africa Mobility Grant for Junior Researchers (generally for Male and Female candidates)
- AGNES-PAWS Intra-Africa Mobility Grant for Junior Female Researchers’. This Grant is designed for “Programme Advocating Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics” (PAWS)
Proposals must demonstrate the substantial possibility to inform or develop more research activities. The research must be part of the work in the direction of the Doctoral research, composed with but not restricted to
- Laboratory studies,
- Use of library resources and write-up of thesis or part of the thesis.
AGNES foundation grants cover:
- A maximum grant amount of EUR 2300 and EUR 3000
- Travel and maintenance fee, and
- A research allowance to the host institute as requested by the candidate to aid his/her research expenses
- Applications directly from junior researchers only will be considered for both the AGNES Mobility Grant and AGNES-PAWS Mobility Grant.
- Prospecting applicants may come from any academic discipline currently pursuing its Doctoral degree at a university/tertiary institute in sub-Sahara Africa.
- He/she must be a national of a sub-Saharan African country.
- Candidates must demonstrate clearly that their work is relevant towards development in sub-Saharan African countries and cannot be conducted in the home country.
- Only candidates with an identified scientific host and jointly agreed-upon proposal and /or work plan will be considered for the Grant.
Prospecting candidates are to access the application form online and provide the following documents for applications:
- A standard Curriculum vitae,
- Brief research and project proposal,
- Later of invitation from the Scientific host institution,
- A list of published journals in non-predatory journals,
- The estimated cost of living,
- Academic transcript.
Deadline: April 30, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.