Applications are welcome for the International Masters Scholarships for Journalists from Deutsche Welle (DW).
The program offers an unparalleled mix of research, lectures, and practical experience and prepares students for careers in the communications and media industries. As media become increasingly set in a global context it’s important that media professionals understand the close connection between the media and development cooperation.
The Master’s Program trains students – personally and professionally – to be competent media experts. Students will acquire the theoretical knowledge and practical skills that are essential for a career in the media sector. They will be able to meet specific occupational requirements with expertise and communicative independence.
In addition to its learning and teaching activities, research projects are also an important aspect of the Master’s program “International Media Studies”.
The focus here is on empirical research and the methodological approaches of social and communication sciences. The projects aim to promote academic exchange, intensify research focusing on the international media environment, and apply results to the field of media and development cooperation.
Given the close collaboration with universities, think tanks, and research institutes in Germany and abroad, the Master’s Program offers a variety of opportunities for junior and well-established researchers. This includes participation in conferences, research projects, publications, and university partnerships.
The International Masters Scholarships for Journalists from Deutsche Welle (DW) covers
- Cost of living and accommodation.
- Tuition fees and flight fare.
- The program is designed primarily for young journalists, media managers and communications staff who come from developing and transition countries, and particularly from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and, after graduating, at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field.
- However, Germans, EU citizens, Canadians, Americans and Australians can also apply.
- Applicants must also have a good command of English.
Before entering their data in the online application form, applicants are to make sure they have all documents required for application-ready:
- Letter of motivation (maximum 700 words; signed and dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated)
- Academic Certificate (including ALL transcripts)
- Proof of at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining first academic degree
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam)
- Proof of sufficient English language skills.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: March 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.