The International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) for Language Sciences invites applications for fully-funded PhD Fellowships for four years (2022-2026) with a preferred start-date in September or October, 2022.
The goal of the scheme is to enable young researchers to pursue interdisciplinary research projects in the language sciences, supervised by leading scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics and its partner institutes at the Radboud University — the Centre for Language Studies and the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour. With a diverse selection of potential supervisors and projects to choose from, the applicant is invited to explore the range of research possibilities on offer.
The fellowships are suitable for applicants from a variety of backgrounds including:
- artificial intelligence
- (medical) biology
- (cognitive) neuroscience
- cognitive & behavioural science
- computer science & engineering
- physics & mathematics
- An annual salary
- Access to state-of-the art research and training facilities and a generous conference and travel budget
- Pension scheme
All candidates for the IMPRS PhD fellowships 2022 must meet the following requirements:
- A high-quality (Research) Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field of the intended project, such as artificial intelligence, biology, (cognitive) neuroscience, cognitive science, computer science, genetics, linguistics, mathematics, neurobiology, neuroimaging, physics, and psychology.
- A demonstrable interest in conducting interdisciplinary research on language.
- Experience in carrying out empirical research (e.g., experimental design, recruitment, participant testing, quantitative data analysis, report writing).
- Expertise using statistical packages and/or programming languages to analyse data and/or model behaviour.
- A demonstrable ability to present research ideas clearly to people from a range of disciplinary backgrounds.
- Excellent written and spoken English. The language of the Institute is English, so knowledge of Dutch is not required.
Application for the IMPRS PhD fellowships 2022 must contain a:
- one-page cover letter (statement of motivation)
- two-page curriculum vitae with names and e-mail addresses of up to 3 referees
- summary of his/her thesis project, (one page maximum)
- PhD proposal (one page maximum)
- copies of diplomas and transcripts, and other relevant supporting documents
Deadline: January 07, 2022.
For more information on IMPRS PhD fellowships 2022, visit the official site.