The American Association of University Women (AAUW) call for applications for the International Women Postgraduate Fellowship in the United States.
The international women fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are non-U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The fellowship supports both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited universities in the U.S.
Candidates are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls. They are trained in the fellowship to become leaders in business, government, academia, community activism, the arts or scientific fields in their home country.
Duration: 12 months
A stipend ranging from $18,000–$30,000
Funds are available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10% of the fellowship.
Candidates applying for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the application deadline,
- must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- Previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant can also apply
- The Fellowships are open to women scholars, in all fields of study.
- They should be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid ETS TOEFL
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree
- Three letters of recommendations from professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with applicants, their work, and their academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits.
- Academic transcript with Courses taken and grades
- Copy of acceptance letter to a graduate-level program at a U.S. institution.
To apply click here
Deadline: November 15, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.