The Konrad Adenauer Foundation and SAIIA invite applications for the 2021 internship programme.
The Konrad Adenauer Stiftung ygnkih or Foundation is a German political foundation named after the first chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. It operates worldwide with the aim to promote democracy through political education and training.
This internship programme provides successful candidates with the opportunity to enrol for a Masters degree course work in;
- International Relations,
- Development Studies,
- Political Science,
- Law or Journalism at Wits, while simultaneously working at SAIIA.
The KAS programme is output focused and the KAS SAIIA scholars, who are assigned to mentors, generally, go on to high-profile and high-powered positions in public and private life. The scholars are supported in honing their methodological, research and writing skills, and are encouraged to:
- Co-publish newspaper articles on topics relevant to the work of SAIIA and their studies,
- Co-author articles in SAIIA publications, and
- Improve their presentation and organizational skills.
- Successful candidates will be given a full bursary for their tuition fees
- A monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation.
Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Must meet the entry requirements for a Masters degree at Wits, with a minimum average of 70%,
- He/she should not be older than 30 years,
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
The following documents will be needed for the application:
- A letter of motivation outlining their research interests and how they hope to use the skills gained at SAIIA in the long term,
- A full Curriculum Vitae,
- Two written references (with names, addresses and phone numbers),
- June Honours degree results and academic transcripts of previous degrees,
- One example of written work not exceeding 2500 words on a topic of their choice.
To apply, forward the above information by email to Khetiwe.Chitambira-Mude@wits.ac.za:
Deadline: September 15, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.