The Islamic Development Bank in partner with The World Academy of Sciences (IsDB-TWAS) calls for the submission of research and innovation proposals that can help solve COVID-19-related challenges directly or indirectly.
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and TWAS have come together to promote and support quick-response research on key challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic and the possible consequences.
However, the IsDB-TWAS Joint Research & Technology transfer grant will be awarded to the project with the best chance of advancing awareness and assisting in the response to the coronavirus and possible pandemics. The following are the research areas to concentrate on:
- Epidemiology of COVID-19
- Dealing with consequences of COVID-19
- Regional studies of COVID-19 infection
- Identification of possible sources of viruses: prevention of new zoonotic diseases
- HIV, SARS, MERS, COVID-19: lessons to learn on infections arising through species jump
The IsDB-TWAS grant amounts to a maximum of USD 50,000 – USD 100,000 total for the joint-project.
- The Principle Investigator (PI) must be a national of an IsDB member country and hold a Ph.D. with good research experience and lead each research group.
- Each member of the group should operate in a university or research institution in one of the IsDB member countries and should be represented in the proposal by a PI.
- Applications from women scientists are especially welcome.
- There is no age limit.
To apply for the IsDB-TWAS research grants, click here
Deadline: July 5, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.