The Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS) welcomes applications to its 2021 International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers.
This annual award is organized and presented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan and Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS). Its purpose is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions, which is promoted by Japan for the benefit of those countries.
However, up to three young researchers who have shown outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries for a developing region, shown outstanding achievements in research and development that will lead to future technological innovation in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries for a developing area, and also those who show great promise will be invited to Japan to attend the commendation ceremony and accept their awards and cash gifts.
US$5,000 will be given per awardee
To qualify for this prestigious award, applicants
- Must be researchers who have the nationality of a developing country and/or territory, and belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university
- Should be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2021)
- Should be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment
- Must be able to attend the commendation ceremony in Japan, 2021.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants need to follow the instructions in the preparation of application forms
- Application form,
- Self-Advertisement Sheet, and
- List of Research Achievements.
Application Deadline: March 22, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.