To support ongoing research and clinical trials the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology calls for applications for a 4-year full-time position as a statistician and Methodologist at Groningen Research Institute.
Clinical research within the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology focuses on personalized medicine for the treatment of renal and cardiovascular complications of type 2 diabetes. Principal investigators within the department are involved in numerous clinical trials and large cohort studies to develop new methods of tailoring medications using biomarker-based approaches and improve clinical trial designs by integrating novel methodological techniques.
The statistician is expected to:
- Carries out advanced level statistical analyses or database development. This may include serving as lead biostatistician or lead data manager for clinical trials performed in cardio-metabolic conditions.
- Train, assist and supervise PhD students and fellows in epidemiology and statistical analyses.
- Assist in writing statistical sections of study reports or publications.
- Identifies the need for, helps write, and reviews Standard Operating Procedures to assure quality of research.
- Represents the Department on committees, task forces, and audits.
- Stays current on relevant research and statistical methodologies and database development via statistical or database training, self-study, internal training and courses, external conferences and courses, for example.
Duration: 4 years
- A gross salary of maximum of € 4.615, per month
- Annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- The department is looking for an enthusiastic statistician with advanced university degree (PhD, Master’s degree or equivalent) in statistics, mathematics.
- Experience in the conduct, analysis and interpretation of clinical trials is required.
- The candidate has ample knowledge and experience with statistical software including SAS and R and is able to conduct independent research and analysis.
- Experience with genetic and proteomic analysis of large databases is an advantage.
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- The candidate has ample experience with quantitative research, (big) data analysis, ICT developments in the medical sector, and is proficient in English writing.
Applicants are to submit full applications including;
- a motivation letter,
- curriculum vitae, and
- a contact information of at least two academic references.
To get the application form, click here.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.