Hatch welcomes applications from qualified graduate environmental Scientists to join the Environmental Services Group in Johannesburg.
Hatch is committed to fostering a workforce in each of its locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which they operate. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status.
Joining as part of Hatch’s Environmental Services Group, successful applicants will support the team in a diverse range of environmental and social management matters, including baseline studies, environmental and social impact assessments, permitting and approval applications, the undertaking of audits, and the development of environmental management systems, predominantly within the infrastructure, natural resources, mining, power, and energy sectors.
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, ZA
Successful candidates will:
- Contribute to environmental studies, environmental assessments, and environmental management strategies and plans, including research, report writing, fieldwork, and stakeholder and regulatory consultation;
- Identify potential environmental impacts as a result of land-use changes, and recommend suitable mitigation strategies to avoid and/or reduce potential impacts;
- Collect and synthesize scientific literature, existing datasets, and secondary source material for technical reports;
- Support permitting and approvals related to the natural environment and the relevant Acts (e.g., National Environmental Management Act, National Water Act, etc.;
- Coordinate and synthesize work from other environmental specialists, such as noise, air, archaeology, built heritage, fisheries, terrestrial ecologists, etc.; and
- Deliver high-quality environmental services to agreed budgets and deadlines.
- Great benefits
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Honors Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Botany, Zoology or Geography, or equivalent qualification in related disciplines;
- Knowledge of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment process;
- Knowledge of the South African environmental legislation;
- Flexibility to travel periodically, and for spending time away in remote locations.
Application Deadline: Unspecified
For more information and application, visit the official site.