The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET), University Twente Calls for application for the position of Junior Lecturers in Design and Engineering in the Netherlands.
The University of Twente is offering a Lecturer position in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO) with an initial contract for two years. After a positive evaluation, the contract can be extended in various forms, for instance, continued lecturing or to include a PDEng design project or a Ph.D. research project.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) engages in education and research Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Industrial Design Engineering with a view to enabling society and industry to innovate and create value using sound, efficient and sustainable technology.
Candidates will be responsible for the design, improvement, and execution of teaching in the following international Bachelor and Master programs: Industrial Design Engineering & Mechanical Engineering.
The teaching activities may include:
- Supporting online lectures & supervision session during corona restrictions
- Coordination and supervision of practical sessions and projects,
- Making and grading tests, practicals, and assignments
- Tutoring project teams in project-led education
- Supervision of graduation & internship projects with a focus on design, engineering, and/or research.
- Development and maintenance of course pages in Canvas – Twente cloud-based learning management system.
- A gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranging from € 2.790-€ to € 4.402, per month.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %.
- Excellent professional and personal development programs and a secondary remuneration package including a travel allowance
- Candidates will work in a lively, inspiring, and dynamic working environment in an organization focusing on internationalization and a high degree of responsibility and independence.
To be eligible for this position, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- have an MSc degree in one of the programs within Engineering Technology or related and have some experience in teaching.
- have experience with design processes for technical products and systems.
- Useful practical design skills such as creativity, ideation, sketching, technical drawing, prototyping would be appreciated.
- have an open mind towards modern views on teaching and learning.
- a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- have adequate experience with Canvas and MS Teams.
- PDEng and Ph.D. students, engineers & researchers who want to gain teaching experience can also apply.
Interested applicants should submit their application using the link below and attach;
- A full Curriculum Vitae.
- A cover letter of at most 1page A4, explaining specific interests and the motivation for the application.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: January 10, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.