The Department of Social Sciences, Wageningen University welcomes applications from enthusiastic and experienced lecturers for the above-mentioned position (Law lecturer) in the university.
The Law Group in the Department of Social Sciences at Wageningen University has an internationally recognized reputation in the area of legal research and education. The faculty focuses on legal solutions to social problems, including those studied in life sciences domains. These issues touch on every aspect of the law, which means that Wageningen has collective expertise on matters relating to EU law, environmental law, food law, energy law, international law, WTO law, intellectual property law, consumer law, private regulation, and human rights law. The research of the group is also strongly interdisciplinary, with faculty and students from all over the world.
- Wageningen University is looking for a Lecturer in EU and international agri-food law, specifically for courses on food law; the regulation of food value chains; and global trade.
- The capacity to teach in other related areas such as environmental law, intellectual property, consumer law, and/or agricultural law is welcomed.
- Additionally, candidates will be involved in the supervision of MSc theses and internships, specifically for students in the Master specialization Food Law & Regulatory Affairs.
- A competitive salary from a minimum of €2.790, to a maximum of €4.402
- 8% holiday allowance;
- A structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3%;
- Excellent training opportunities, such as professional training towards obtaining a university teaching qualification (UTQ) and secondary employment conditions;
- Flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation;
- Excellent pension plan through ABP;
- Make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- have a Ph.D. degree in law (or known graduation date);
- have experience and affinity with delivering high-quality education at BSc and MSc levels, including supervising BSc and MSc students;
- excellent communication and social skills;
- strong team players, personable, and willing to contribute to the wider interests of the group;
- preferably have experience with developing educational programs for professionals.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here
Application Deadline: January 24, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.