The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS) University of Twente seeks applications from enthusiastic lecturers who are passionate about guiding young students for a full-time lecturing position in computer science.
Here, candidates are responsible for the design, improvement, and execution of teaching in the international Bachelor programs of Business Information Technology and Technical Computer Science.
However, to facilitate the professional development and quality of teaching, candidates are required to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within two years from the start of their appointment.
Duration: 2 years with a possibility of an extension.
The teaching activities include:
- Supervision of graduation projects,
- Development and maintenance of course pages in Canvas – our cloud-based learning management system,
- Coordination and supervision of practical sessions and projects,
- Coordination and design of the Academic Skills line,
- Making and grading tests and assignments, possibly using Remindo – our digital testing environment.
- Depending on the candidate’s relevant background and experience, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 2790,- to € 5.127,- per month;
- Further growth towards a more senior position with a maximum of € 5.826,- per month is possible if the individual possesses ample experience in additional tasks like independent development of educational units;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Furthermore, UT offers excellent professional and personal development programs and a secondary remuneration package including a travel allowance.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- have a PhD-degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field;
- have extensive knowledge of modern programming languages and information systems design approaches;
- are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- have an open mind towards modern views on teaching and learning;
- fluency in English.
Interested applicants should send the following documents for application to the above-mentioned position.
- A detailed curriculum vitae,
- A teaching statement,
- And names of two references.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: April 25, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.