The Economic Community of West African State (ECOWAS) Invites application for the position of a Parliamentary Research Officer.
The ECOWAS Parliament, also known as the Community Parliament, is one of the Institutions of ECOWAS. It is the Assembly of Peoples of the Community serving as a forum for dialogue, consultation, and consensus for Representatives of the people of West Africa with the aim of promoting integration.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The successful candidate will assist the Members of Parliament by providing them relevant well-researched information for their work.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or inquiries from Committee members and other Members of Parliament;
- Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on clearly defined subjects;
- Analyze and evaluate research and interpret data in order to identify the key issues;
- Prepare and present, in both written and oral forms, the results of research in a manner appropriate for answering parliamentary questions, providing briefings to Committee members, or for providing content for newspaper articles and press releases ;
- Monitor motions, petitions, legislation, Hansard, and other parliamentary activity as appropriate;
- Monitor coverage in the media issues before the Committees;
- Advice and guide the Committees, Members of Parliament, the Secretary-General and Committee Clerks on relevant policy matters;
- Progress casework through liaison with local and national bodies, government agencies, lobby groups, and other associated bodies;
- Develop knowledge of relevant legislation and ensure that knowledge is maintained and updated;
- Maintain precise, detailed records of each issue and ensure the confidentiality of data at all times;
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas as required by the Committees;
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
An annual Salary of UA19,769, equivalent to US$31,191.
Required qualifications and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, or a related field from a recognized University;
- Applicant should be below 50 years old;
- knowledge and understanding of ECOWAS agency or institutional mandate, international non-proliferation theories, concepts and developments and ECOWAS strategies, including cooperation with Member-States and international organizations;
- Classification of information of relevance to the human resources management functional areas;
- knowledge and understanding of ECOWAS agency/institution’s relations with national and regional agencies, international organizations, and other international and diplomatic institutions;
- excellent numeracy skills with the ability to collect, collate, classify, and summarize data systematically.
Applicants are kindly requested to apply by following the under-listed steps:
- Download the application form by clicking on the link in parentheses (JOB APPLICATION FORM), and fill it out correctly
- Attach the completed application form, a curriculum vitae (CV), and a letter of motivation.
And send to email@example.com
Application Deadline: December 19, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.