The School of Business and Economics at VU University Amsterdam is looking for a junior lecturer in international strategy who is passionate about scientific education.
The School of Business and Economics at VU University Amsterdam is responsible for various courses in the field of international strategy. This includes courses in MSc. Business Administration in
- International Management and
- Strategy and Organization, the Bachelor of Business Administration, and
- the Bachelor of International Business Administration.
Their teaching is innovative and interactive, combining scientific depth with practical application. Coordinating and teaching these subjects requires teamwork; cooperation with colleagues is key.
The teaching will lean heavily towards international business and strategy. The prerequisite is that the candidate have a university Master’s degree in International Business or Strategic Management with a strong international component. A successfully completed PhD/DBA or studying towards a PhD/DBA is a plus but not a requirement.
The duties thus include:
- Providing (and possibly coordinating) courses in the field of international strategy and strategic management in our bachelor’s and master’s programmes.
- supervision of bachelor’s, premaster’s, and possibly master’s theses.
Duration: The position is for a fixed term of one year. The department might decide to renew the contract up to three years.
Start Date: As soon as possible, but no later than March 01, 2024.
- On a full-time basis, the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,226 and a maximum of €5,090, depending on education and experience.
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment,
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus,
- solid pension scheme (ABP), contribution to commuting expenses
The candidate has:
- Completed a master’s degree in international business or a similar area.
- Demonstrated skills in academic teaching at the bachelor and master levels.
- Ability to teach in English. Additional ability to teach in Dutch is a plus.
Applications in one pdf should include:
- a full curriculum vitae, including
- a letter of motivation
To apply for the Junior Lecturer in International Strategy, click here.
Deadline: December 15, 2023.
For more information on Junior Lecturer in International Strategy, visit the official site.