The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) calls for applications for the position of a Junior Lecturer in Software Engineering and Information Sciences.
As a Junior lecturer candidates will work closely together with- and receive support from more senior colleagues. They will be encouraged to work on academic innovations and to build a portfolio in the context of education as a preparation for various career paths outside academia. To this end, they will have the opportunity to acquire a basic qualification in teaching at the university level (‘BKO’). The junior lecturer position is ideally suited for early-career teachers.
Duration: A full Junior Lecturer Trajectory is 4 years and 2 months.
The task for this position includes:
- supervise/coordinate bachelor and/or master thesis projects
- support teachers in individual courses in the associated education programmes
..coordinate student assistants
- provide technical and organizational assistance for project-oriented courses
- advise on and help with the further development of innovative teaching concepts
The Junior Lecturer in Software Engineering and Information Sciences offers
- the gross monthly salary of €2.846 and a maximum of €4,490, depending on experience.
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- contribution to commuting expenses
The junior lecturer will be expected to:
- have completed a Master in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Sciences or a related Master programme
- have the academic background/competencies in the position of choice
be enthusiastic about teaching
- have strong oral and written communication skills in English
- possess good organizational skills
- be proactive and able to work independently
- curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting relevant teaching experience, competencies, and skills
- a one-page cover letter (CL) including motivation for this teaching position
- BSc and MSc academic transcripts
- Two references
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: June 22, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.