Wageningen University & Research seeks a junior lecturer who contributes to education tasks of the Consumption and Healthy Lifestyles group.
This position will be part of the Consumption and Healthy Lifestyles chair group. This is a young and ambitious chair group keen to unravel the origins of healthy and sustainable consumption and lifestyle practices. These behavioral insights are used to design, evaluate and implement strategies to enable healthy and sustainable lifestyles. These strategies include upstream environmental and downstream behavioral interventions acknowledging that individual behavior is socially embedded and arises in specific times and places. The work of the group is characterized by an inter- and transdisciplinary approach where different academic disciplines (e.g., sociology, psychology, public health, epidemiology, and geography) and professional fields (policy, practice) collaborate.
Duration: 12 months
- a competitive salary starting from €2790,- up to €4.402
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Have completed their Master’s Degree in Health and Society, (Public health) Nutrition and Health, or Consumer studies;
- A finished UTQ (Dutch: BKO – basic teaching certificate), or willingness to obtain this;
- Have demonstrable experience with teaching and/or research in topics related to consumption and healthy lifestyles;
- Have proven affinity with inter- and transdisciplinary approaches to the Wageningen Research domains (food, health, and the living environment);
- Teach or are able to, in academic settings, preferably at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels;
- Have strong communication skills, both in Dutch and English, and
- Are friendly and approachable to students and supportive to fellow lecturers
- A team player with a collegial attitude
- Have strong organizational skills
Interested applicants can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- a cover letter, and
- preferably education evaluations.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: August 21, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.