Applications are currently ongoing for the KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship Programme for the 2022 Academic year of study.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation named after the first chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. KAS operates worldwide intending to promote democracy through political education and training.
This unique scholarship program provides funding to complete a full-year internship at SAIIA in parallel to a Masters’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law, or Journalism at WITS, UCT, or Stellenbosch University.
Successful candidates will receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation.
- Applicants are to meet the entry requirements for a Masters degree at the at WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University.
- They must have a bachelor degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism.
- Be a South African resident (or eligible for residency status), and
- Be younger than 30 years old.
Completed applications for the KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship Programme should include the following:
- A letter of support/endorsement from one of applicant’s current lecturers for enrolment into a Masters Programme.
- A full CV that includes at least one additional written reference with their application.
- Full academic record.
- Two written samples of your own writing.
- A two-page motivation of why they are applying for the scholarship programme and why they should be considered.
- Completed quiz (open for qualifying applicants only)
To apply for the KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship Programme 2022, click here.
Deadline: September 15, 2021.
For more information about KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship Programme 2022, visit the official site.