Applications are currently welcome for the second phase of Learn Africa Canarias Scholarships 2022 for Women in Africa.
With the support of the Department of Economy, Knowledge, and Employment of the Government of the Canary Islands, the Women for Africa Foundation is launching, for the second year, an online scholarship program with the aim of offering new learning opportunities to African women and, especially, to Spanish-speakers or with a high level of Spanish, since most of the studies are taught in this language.
The 2022 call includes a wide variety of courses in different subjects, including language courses, short university courses, and specialized courses designed by the Universities of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and La Laguna, and their foundations, Fundación Canaria Universitaria de la Universidad de Las Palmas and Fundación Canaria General of the University of La Laguna, as well as by the Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC).
These online scholarships cover
- tuition fees and
- certificate issuance costs.
To qualify for the Learn Africa Canarias Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country.
- Have a stable internet connection and the appropriate technical equipment (computer, laptop, tablet …). All courses are online.
- Fulfill the specific requirements and have the technical/technological material required for the scholarship she is applying for.
A committee of evaluators from the “Women for Africa Foundation” and the Canarias Islands Government will conduct the first evaluation of all the applications on the basis of the documents received.
Specifically, the following documents will be taken into account:
- Motivation letter
To apply for the Learn Africa Canarias scholarship, applicant will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity card/Passport
- Photo + INFO
- CV + INFO
- University Degree (as required)
- Academic Record
- Motivation letter + INFO
- Official language level accreditation if required + INFO
- Any document specifically required by the scholarship
Deadline: July 03, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.