The Department of Languages, Literature, and Communication seek applications for the position of Lecturer in English Literature starting from the academic year 2021-2022.
The Faculty of Humanities has around 6,000 students and 900 staff members. It comprises four knowledge domains: Philosophy and Religious Studies, History and Art History, Media and Culture Studies, and Languages, Literature and Communication. With its research and education in these fields, the Faculty aims to contribute to a better understanding of the Netherlands and Europe in a rapidly changing social and cultural context. The enthusiastic and committed colleagues and the excellent amenities in the historical city center of Utrecht, where the Faculty is housed, contribute to an inspiring working environment.
Utrecht University has a teaching qualification system for University Lecturers, and candidates are required to obtain the Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) within two years if they are not already in possession of one. Non-Dutch candidates are required to have mastered Dutch at the CEFR – B2 level for reading and listening at the time of appointment and to reach fluency in speaking and writing Dutch within two years of appointment.
Duration: 4 Years
- The gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience ranges between €2,790 and €4,402 per month for full-time employment.
- Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year.
- In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including
- partly paid parental leave and,
- flexible employment conditions,
- an attractive retirement scheme.
The successful candidate will have the following general and job-specific qualifications.
- a Ph.D. in a relevant area;
- a near-native command of English;
- knowledge of English proficiency and grammar;
- good communication skills;
- basic teaching qualifications or the readiness to acquire them.
Applications should include:
- a letter of motivation;
- a curriculum vitae including contact and personal details;
- the contact details of two referees (names, affiliations, and phone numbers or e-mail addresses).
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.