The department of Organisation and Personnel Management at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) invites applications for a faculty position in the field of organization theory (OT).
Understanding the way people operate is central to the success of any organisation. Managing people requires understanding organisations in their full complexity, thus at several levels of analysis. The department covers topics on four levels: those that apply to the individual such as leadership, leader development, power, incentives, and goals; those applying at the team level such as diversity, team processes, hierarchy, and professional identity; those at organisation level such as organisational learning, organisational design, coordination, organisational culture and change, and organisation of work; and topics at the level of the environment such as social, technological, economic changes, and politics.
Duration: 3 years
Starting Date: January 2023.
Lecturer in Organization Theory and Change
- Teaching master and bachelor students, ideally connecting macro and micro perspectives with a focus on change and Organisation Theory (topics like organizations and work digitization are also welcomed); potential for teaching post-graduate students
- Supervising master and bachelor theses
- Coordinating courses
- Developing teaching materials and research into educational-related management topics
- Contributing to the department’s furthering of OT scholarship via instruction
- Engaging in RSM’s mission: being a force for positive change
The position Lecturer in Organization Theory and Change offers:
- Salary is subject to training and experience and may vary from a minimum of € 2,960 to a maximum of € 6,181 gross per month
- Erasmus University Rotterdam has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 percent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 percent, and a generous number of vacation days.
The ideal candidate for this position Lecturer in Organization Theory and Change should have:
- At least a master’s degree but preferably a PhD degree in OT, macro-organizational behavior, or a closely related field in management or the social sciences
- Research experience in OT and/or macro-organizational research
- Teaching excellence or indication of excellent teaching potential
- Interest in engaging in education-related research
- Being able to teach at an academic level in English (CEFR level C2 and ability to teach in Dutch (CEFR level C2) is a strong plus
- Have completed the University Teaching Qualification (BKO) or equivalent or are willing to acquire that soon.
- Passionate about teaching and educational management tasks
- Team-player, willing to collaborate with others, and positively contribute to the department’s development and excellence
- Fluent in English (writing, speaking); Dutch fluency an advantage
Interested applicants for this great opportunity should Please upload the following documents for application:
- Detailed CV
- Motivation letter
- Concise teaching statements (maximum one page)
- Current/recent teaching evaluations
To apply Lecturer in Organization Theory and Change, click here.
Deadline: December 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.