The Athena Institute, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam welcomes applications for a Postdoc/Lecturer position on Global Health.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers the position of lecturer in Global Health. The position involves teaching in, and coordinating courses in bachelor and master programs in the field of international public health, research methods (e.g. participatory research, action research, mixed methods). Course coordination, lecturing, and workgroup coaching, as well as supervising Bachelor and Master students during their internships and conducting literature reviews on a variety of topics related to the Athena Institute’s larger educational program, are all part of the teaching responsibilities.
The position is offered within the Athena Institute, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences. The institute’s mission is to study and design interfaces between science and society to contribute both to a deeper understanding of innovation processes as well as a responsible implementation of research and innovation in society. Athena’s research program amongst others focuses on analyzing complex global health challenges, designing interventions, and conducting participatory monitoring and evaluation research. The section presently has a position vacant for a Postdoc/Lecturer.
Duration: A full-time employment for 3 years.
- On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,790 and a maximum €4,402 (scale 10)
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- possibility to save holiday hours, for sabbatical leave
- child daycare facilities available on campus
The faculty requires that applicants meet the following criteria
- have a PhD degree, preferably in the field of global health, public health, medical anthropology, development studies or other discipline(s).
- preferably have experience or otherwise affinity with participatory research methodologies, reflexive monitoring in action, mixed methods
- have excellent teaching and organisational skills and you are an engaged and inspiring lecturer, as proven by student evaluations
- are well capable of supervising a theoretical thesis, research projects and student internships
- are a team player
- write and speak Dutch and English fluently (both Dutch ánd English are mandatory)
- have a basic qualification in teaching for Dutch universities (BKO)
The application should include a;
- a curriculum vitae,
- a brief cover letter discussing applicants interests about this position;
- names and contact details of two referees;
To apply for Lecturer Position on Global Health, click here.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2021
For more information about the Lecturer Position on Global Health, visit the official site.