The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) invites applications for the above-stated position at the University of Twente.
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) provides international postgraduate education, research, and project services in the field of geo-information science (GIS) and earth observation.
Successful candidates will establish a research line at the interface between photogrammetry and deep learning developing innovative solutions. They will explore how to embed deep learning algorithms in the image orientation and 3D reconstruction tasks and their possible fusion with semantic segmentation. Their goal will be to implement reliable and robust solutions to be applied in several applications, with specific regard to the use of very high-resolution data. Their background is in deep learning, photogrammetry, and computer vision and must be confirmed by an excellent track record. Besides their research activities, they may be occasionally involved in educational activities. They will be asked to contribute to national and international project development and will support ongoing project management.
Duration: A full-time employment for 4 years.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3,270.00 and € 5,211.00 depending on experience and qualifications;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- Costs for moving to Enschede may be reimbursed.
- A PhD in Photogrammetry, deep learning or computer science
- An excellent track record in one or more of these domains
- An ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A good English language proficiency
- Experience in in managing and writing research project proposals (desirable)
- An affinity with a multi-cultural education environment, excellent work ethics, and commitment to the job
The application should include
- A cover letter (maximum 2 pages), emphasizing their specific interest in the position and outlining their relevant skills and experience
- A Curriculum Vitae.
To apply for the Lecturer Position-University of Twente, click here.
Application Deadline: October 27, 2021
For more information on the Lecturer Position-University of Twente, visit the official site.