Due to the worldwide popularity of our teaching program, the Department of Communication Science is looking for several lecturers (teaching-only) in Corporate Communication for all aspects of their program, including methods courses.
The Corporate Communication Group is one of the four program groups in the Department of Communication Science at the University of Amsterdam. The CorpCom Group focuses on the strategic communication of organizations in the issue arenas of today’s (digital) society and the consequences thereof for employees, other sociopolitical and economic actors (like politicians and journalists), and the general public. Important themes within the teaching of the program group include legitimacy and visibility of public and private organizations, AI and other digital innovations within organizations, diversity, sustainability, and mediatization.
The tasks for this position include:
- teach modules in the standing program of the Bachelor and Master of Communication Science in Dutch and/or English with a focus on Corporate Communication.
- the Master’s program is taught in English only.
- the Bachelor’s program has both a Dutch and an English track;
- supervise and evaluate Bachelor theses, Master theses, and internships;
- provide/organize teaching in College and/or Graduate School, including substantive theoretical coursework related to Corporate Communication.
- Salary ranges from a minimum salary of €3974 and a maximum salary of €5439 gross per month based on a full-time appointment.
- They additionally offer an extensive package of secondary employee benefits, including a generous holiday scheme, an 8% holiday allowance, and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
As an ideal candidate for the position of Lecturers in Corporate Communication, applicants must have:
- a PhD in Communication Science or a related discipline such as Organization Science, Public Administration, Organizational Psychology, Social Psychology, Journalism Studies, Management Science, or Sociology;
- a broad interest in teaching;
- prior teaching experience;
- or are willing to obtain a teaching certificate (BKO);
- excellent command of spoken and written English, and preferably Dutch;
- preferably have experience with and knowledge of (a variety of) research methods and statistics commonly employed in communication science;
- are capable of providing a stimulating teaching environment and are good team workers.
Interested applicants can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- curriculum vitae and
- cover letter
To apply as a Lecturers in Corporate Communication, click here
Application Deadline: August 22, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.