The call for applications is currently ongoing for lecturers in Applied Mathematics.
The Department of Applied Mathematics (AM) at the University of Twente (UT) is seeking to appoint several enthusiastic lecturers in (applied) mathematics who are passionate about guiding young students, both in applied mathematics and in other disciplines ranging from Industrial Design Engineering to Applied Physics, in mastering mathematical subjects such as calculus, linear algebra, statistics as taught in most technical programs.
In this position, they will take part in service teaching and will also teach subjects in the BSc AM program, that are close to their (research) interest. Supervision of BSc and MSc students may be part of the job. Many bachelor’s and almost all master’s programs at University of Twente are taught in English.
The position offer:
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %.
- Depending on relevant background and experience, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 2.960,- € to € 5.439,- per month.
- Further growth towards a more senior position with a maximum of € 6.181,- per month is possible if candidates possess ample experience in additional tasks like independent development of educational units.
- Furthermore, they offer excellent professional and personal development programs and a secondary remuneration package including a travel allowance
- Finally, they will work in a lively, inspiring and dynamic working environment in an organization focusing on internationalization and a high degree of responsibility and independence.
The Department of Applied Mathematics is looking for a colleague who meets the following criteria:
- Have a PhD degree in mathematics or in a related subject, and some experience in teaching mathematics. Examples are recent graduates, but also researchers who want to gain teaching experience.
- They are open-minded towards modern views on teaching and learning.
- They are a creative teacher who can help with educational challenges/opportunities.
- Are willing to acquire the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within two years of their appointment, unless they already have an equivalent qualification.
- Finally, they are a great teammate with excellent interpersonal skills and are proficient in English.
Interested applicants should submit:
- a curriculum vitae
- a teaching statement
- a list of publications, if applicable
- and names of two references
To apply for the Lecturers Position in Applied Mathematics, click here.
Deadline: June 20, 2023.
For more information on Lecturers Position in Applied Mathematics, visit the official site.