Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries cordially invites excellent postdoctoral scientists to apply for the postdoctoral research position at IGB.
These positions are intended as an opportunity to join IGB to develop and implement original research ideas, interact with staff and students at IGB and establish your own research profile. IGB provides excellent laboratory and field facilities for interdisciplinary research, large-scale experimental facilities as well as long-term research programs
The Frontiers in Freshwater Science programme welcomes candidates that aim to develop their proposed research further through additional applications on the same topic and thus create a multiplicative effect.
Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries Postdoctoral Program offers a one-time travel allowance (1200 €) and a bench fee (300 € per month) in addition to the salary.
Applicants must hold a doctoral degree in one of the research areas at IGB.
IGB goal is to fill two-thirds of the positions within the Frontiers in Freshwater Science program with excellent female researchers therefore, applications by female scientists are especially welcome. Also, people with disability will strongly welcome to apply.
Interested applicants for the Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries Postdoctoral Program are to provide the following documents:
- CV, including a complete list of publications
- Certificate of their doctoral degree
- A motivation letter indicating their research interests and experience (max. 1 page)
- Ideas for research to be conducted at IGB, outlining their aims and proposed activities (max. 2 pages)
- A letter of support by their host(s), including an appreciation for the candidate and the proposed work, complementarity to the expertise of the host group, and added value for IGB (max. 1 page)
- Optional: recommendations letter(s), if regarded useful by the host
Deadline: October 01, 2022.
For more information on the Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries Postdoctoral Program, visit the official site.