The Lewis Center for Arts welcomes application from artist and writers to the 2020 Princeton Arts Fellowship, USA.
The former President Shirley Tilghman presaged an all-encompassing initiative for Princeton “not only to expand its programs in the creative and performing arts but to establish itself as a global leader in the quality of its offerings and in their integration into a broader liberal arts education.”
The result was the formation of a new Center for the Creative and Performing Arts, thereafter named the Lewis Center for the Arts in honour of its lead patron, Peter B. Lewis.
The Lewis Center brings together Princeton’s academic programs in Creative Writing, Dance, Theater, Music Theater, Visual Arts and the Princeton Atelier, with guest artists and Fellows. Arts research, instruction, performance, co-curricular activities and public programming provide Princeton’s community with opportunities for engagement, reflection and inspiration.
The department is committed to fostering an academic environment that acknowledges and encourages diversity and differences. The successful candidate will pursue academic excellence in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings.
Duration: 2 years
Benefits: $84,000 per year.
- Non-US citizens are welcome to apply
- Artists whose achievements have been recognized as demonstrating extraordinary promise in any area of artistic practice and teaching
- Applicants should be early-career composers, conductors, musicians, choreographers, visual artists, filmmakers, poets, novelists, playwrights, designers, directors etc.
- Applicants who would find it beneficial to spend two years teaching and working in an artistically vibrant university community
- Advanced degrees preferred, although not required.
Applicants should submit the following documents;
- A curriculum vitae/ resume
- Personal Statement of 500 words explaining your goals during the two-year fellowship
- 3000-word sample of work for writers and
- 20 to 30 pages of work for poetry
- Contact information for three references.
Deadline: September 15, 2020
For application and more information, visit the official site.