Application is currently ongoing for the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science program International Rising Talents Award.
The International Rising Talents program (IRT) rewards the best candidates each year among national and regional programs. This program is aimed at Ph.D. or Post-doctoral candidates as well as Medical doctors doing research. Only winners of the national and regional programs are eligible to apply for the IRT program.
The International Rising Talents cover each of the five regions:
- Africa and the Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- North America
- 15 supplementary endowments
- Training in Leadership, Management, Negotiation and Communication
- Applicants must be recipients of 2020 or 2021 For Women in Science national or regional Young Talents endowments.
- Applicants must be starting or currently enrolled in research.
- She must be pursuing research in the field of Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering and Formal Sciences.
- She must be still enrolled in their research work at the time of the ceremony because this endowment is meant to be a support in their project research.
- Applicants must be under 45 on October 2021.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to do some research abroad before going back to their home country.
An application to the international Rising Talents award must include the following items
- A duly completed application form
- A detailed description (maximum 2 pages), of their research;
- For doctoral candidates a copy of an official transcript of her last graduate studies,
- A list of the most 3 to 5 significant publications (with the information about the Impact Factor of the Journal and number of citations of the given publication if any)
- for post-doctoral candidates, proof of having obtained a Ph.D. degree or equivalent, at most 5 years ago, g)
- a letter from a host institution/organization (i.e.: the institute where the applicant is currently working).
- At least, two signed letters of recommendation from:
- The thesis supervisor,
- The acceptance letter from the Director of the host laboratory/institution,
- If possible, a letter from a peer in the research field of the thesis and/or post-doctoral project.
Application Deadline: October 7, 2021.
For more information and application to the International Rising Talents award, visit the official site.