Applications are welcome to the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and UCT MSc Scholarship in Global Media and Communications.
The LSE and UCT MSc Double degree in Global Media and Communications is a unique program and offers graduate students the opportunity to study and gather experience in two cities (London and Los Angeles, Shanghai or Cape Town) with close connections and ties to global media industries.
The program will provide students the opportunity to:
- study a range of theoretical courses at LSE, flexibly tailoring the program to develop specialist interests, culminating in an independent research project on a topic in global media and communications;
- Critically explore mediation in a global context, examining processes of globalization in relation to the organization, production, consumption, and representation in media and communications;
- study a range of theoretical and/or practice-based courses at UCT and develop practical skills in an optional creative production at UCT;
- prepare for high-level employment in media and communications-related professions anywhere in the world;
- gain professional experience during an internship in Cape Town.
Duration: 2 years
Full fees and living costs at £1,200 per month
- To be qualified for this scholarship, applicants must be African residents. However, preference is given to students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Upper second-class honors (2:1) degree or equivalent in social science, or a degree in another field with professional experience in media and communications.
- Applicants are to apply to LSE but must meet both the LSE and UCT entry requirements.
Applicants must have completed the LSE Graduate Financial Support Application form and received an offer of admission (conditional or unconditional).
Application Deadline: April 29, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.