Applications are currently ongoing for the 2022/2023 Holland-High Potential Masters Scholarships.
Each academic year, the Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program awards 24 full scholarships of € 29,000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) to exceptionally outstanding students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to UM’s master’s program.
The High Potential Scholarship (supported by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund) and the Holland Scholarship (sponsored by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in collaboration with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences) are both parts of the Scholarship program. It is geared at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to study in the Netherlands for a full degree program.
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program offers full scholarships of € 29,000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend).
All candidates for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2022.
- have applied for admission to a full-time master programme at Maastricht University for the 2022/23 academic year.
- meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master programme to which you have applied.
- have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands.
- Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
Applications to Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship should include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Recommendation letter
- Personal statement of financial needs.
- The contact details of one referee
- Proof of academic excellence
Applicants may upload one of the following documents in order to prove their academic excellence:
1. Their university transcript that explicitly states their grade point average or class ranking (i.e. first class honours) for the entire study programme; or,
2. A letter signed by their institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that they are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of their study programme.
Deadline: February 1, 2022.
For more information on Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Masters Scholarship 2022, visit the official site.