The Department of Society Studies under the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS) is inviting applications for a 1-year position as a Postdoctoral Researcher at Maastricht University.
This role offers a number of educational and research goals within FASoS relating to the support of digital resources, methods, and formats for research. It combines project management with academic research and teaching, not uncommon in emerging fields such as Digital Humanities.
The University offers a dynamic and challenging Job in an internationally oriented organization where young people receive advanced education and scholars conduct exciting research. Candidates will have the unique opportunity to carry out research within one or more of the four themes within the research program. They will be part of an international network of top universities and renowned scholars within the field.
Several new appointments have been made to support the further growth of the BA Digital Society and to work on these research projects. These colleagues need technical support that goes beyond what is typically provided to academic staff in FASoS.
Starting date: January 1, 2022
Duration: 1 year.
- Teaching and thesis supervision, likely in the MA Digital Cultures, BA Digital Society, and perhaps also methods courses in other programmes.
- Further development of Digital Studies Lab, to support innovative educational and research activities
- Preparation of publications and research applications; participation in monthly training programme offered to PhDs and postdocs in the national Digital Society programme.
- Remuneration will be according to standard salary levels, depending on education and relevant work experience, in salary scale 11.
- Other secondary conditions includes a pension scheme and partially paid parental leave.
Qualified candidates are to meet the following requirements
- Have a completed PhD in digital humanities, computational social science or related discipline, with related publications already published or in preparation
- Have experience in project management with digital research infrastructures
- Can function well in interdisciplinary academic environment and work well with potential technical and societal partners
- Have experience of preparing funding proposals and knowledge of Dutch and EU funding possibilities
The application should include the following attachments:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications (or link to).
- Concise cover letter describing applicants’ motivation, research interests and qualifications for the position.
- The contact information of three references.
Application Deadline: September 14, 2021
For more information and application on Maastricht University, visit the official site.