The Brenthurst Foundation is inviting applications from young graduates for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme, named in honor of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel.
The Machel-Mandela Fellowship program aims to be the most prestigious of its kind in Africa. It helps sharpen the Brenthurst Foundation’s focus on Africa’s burgeoning youth population and helps nurture Africa’s future leaders.
Duration: Minimum of 6-month.
An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided. Including other work-related expenses subject to agreement with the Foundation.
To be eligible for the Machel-Mandela fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a Master degree
- Be under 30 years of age
- Have excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages would be an asset.
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- Fluency in all basic IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- A passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’s economic performance.
- Broad knowledge of African politics and economics.
In applying for the Machel-Mandela fellowship, the following documents should be attached to the application;
- An up-to-date CV with referees’ details
- A writing sample – this can be any piece of work, for example, an essay or a published article, of any length.
- A covering letter – no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bear
- The earliest date applicant would be able to start
- Details of where he/she saw the post advertisement
Deadline: January 15, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.