Application is currently ongoing for the Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG) for women in developing countries to study in South Africa and Canada in 2021.
Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG) (formerly known as MMMF) is a public charity that awards education grants to outstanding women from developing countries.
MMEG is one of the few organizations that provide financial assistance to women. Their mission is to assist women from developing countries who are pursuing their education with the aim of improving the lives of women and children in their countries.
Applicants for the MMEG program must meet up to the following criteria
- Applicants must be a citizen of one of the MMEG eligibility countries;
- Be a self-identifying woman, and at least 25 years old at the time of application deadline;
- He or she must be enrolled in an approved academic institution at the time of application and intend to remain enrolled for the entire academic term after the grant is awarded by the Board.
To apply for MMEG scholarship award, scan and upload the following documents to the website.
- Identification (ID) card with photo:
(a) national passport page with photo and date of birth, if studying outside your home country, or
(b) government/university-issued identity card with photo and birth date;
- Most recent proof of official registration from university (not acceptance letter);
- Most recent official university transcripts and/or reports;
- Second passport page with a clear photo (in case of dual citizenship);
- Visa page or study permit page within current passport (if studying outside home country);
- Two letters of reference.
Deadline: September 14, 2021.
For more information and application to MMEG, visit the official site.