Applications are currently open for entry to the Mastercard Foundation Online Scholarship Program at the University of Edinburgh.
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate online scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
On top of the financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program with the University of Edinburgh, including regular online workshops with our scholars, online coaching and support, and the opportunity to attend regional scholar-led workshops and events.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs MSc:
- International Development
- Global Health Policy
- Global Food Security and Nutrition
- Social Justice and Community Action
- Data Science, Technology and Innovation
- Digital Education
- One Health
Duration: The scholarship is designed to cover three years of part-time online study.
The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet.
To be eligible for the Mastercard Foundation Online Learning Scholarships, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree programme listed above.
- Have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelors (Hons) degree.
- Be a citizen of an African country (with the exception of Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco & Tunisia), whose personal circumstances would make accepting an online study offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult.
- Demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community and former school/university.
- Be able to present economic circumstances which show you lack financial means to pursue higher education in your home country or elsewhere
- Demonstrate an awareness of online degrees, and be able to show how they will approach the unique challenges and opportunities provided by online, part-time study.
- Not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants are to upload the following documents:
- University degree certificate, and
- Final official transcript.
Deadline: March 14, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.