The University of Pretoria (UP) in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) currently invites applications from high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) seeks to identify academically gifted but financially deprived young people in Africa who will contribute to the continent’s transformation through their awareness, skills, attitudes, and values, as demonstrated by their leadership. Internships and community service are necessary components of the program. Selected students who have been provisionally accepted to study for a postgraduate degree at UP are eligible for a full scholarship from the MCFSP. Graduates must return to their home countries and give back to their societies after completing their studies.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program scholarship covers:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- VISA costs
- travel allowance (including flight ticket) to and from home country
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or other UP-approved lodging
- Books and other written materials
- Medical insurance.
- Possibilities for leadership development
- Support for academic advising and counseling
To qualify for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program;
- Candidates must be African citizens.
- Applicants must come from a financially deprived family and show financial need.
- Academic excellence is required, and.
- Candidates should have shown leadership ability and be active in a community service initiative, such as volunteering. in a neighborhood, at school, at church, and so on.
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship in University of Pretoria click here.
Deadline: October 31, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.