Applications are welcome from Graduate medical students to the Merck Foundation Postgraduate Medical Scholarships for Asian & African Students 2021.
The Merck Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Merck KGaA, Germany that aims to improve the health and wellbeing of people and advance their lives through science and technology.
Merck’s primary goal focused on improving access to quality & equitable healthcare solutions, building healthcare, scientiﬁc research & media capacity, and empowering people in STEM with a special focus on women and youth in under-served communities.
Merck Foundation Strives to work closely with partners that are African First Ladies, Ministries of Health, Education, Information & Communication, Gender, Academia, Research Institutions, Media and Art in building healthcare capacity and addressing health, social & economic challenges in developing countries and under-served communities.
Duration: 12-24 months
The Merck foundation covers a full tuition fee scholarship.
Applicants for Merck postgraduate scholarship must meet the criteria below:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (Primary Medical Qualification) (e.g.: MBBS or MBChB)
- Be candidates working within a public sector clinical setting (Preferably) with the aim to continue working in the public sector after graduation, in order to improve patient access to quality and equitable healthcare solutions.
- Recommendation from the Ministry of Health or Office of The First Lady for African students. And
- Recommendation letter from The Ministry of Health or Vice Chancellor/Dean/Rector of the Medic al University or President of respective Society or Medical Association for Asian students.
- They must be fluent both in written and spoken English.
To apply for the Merck Foundation Medical scholarship, click below to fill the form.
To get the application form, click here
Deadline: June 30, 2021.
For more information about Merck foundation, visit the official site .