Applications are now open for the 2023 Meta Research PhD Fellowship Program Supporting PhD students engaged in innovative research.
The Meta Research PhD Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. We also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Winners of the Fellowship are to receive;
- two years of paid tuition and fees,
- a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living costs,
- various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers, and
- an invitation to the annual Fellowship Summit.
To be eligible for consideration for the Meta Research PhD Fellowship, the applicant must:
- Enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (i.e., Fall 2023)
- Engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta, as specified in the Available Fellowships section
However, the program is open to students at all accredited universities around the world.
Interested applicants are to provide the following documents:
- CV or resume. There is no page limit to the resume or CV.
- A research statement of 500 words or less clearly identifies the area of focus, its importance to the field, and its applicability to Meta as it pertains to one of the Available Fellowships.
- Two letters of recommendation. One of the letters of recommendation needs to come from a PhD advisor or a research advisor. The other may come from another professor or industry contact.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: September 20, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.