Applications are welcome to the Microsoft research fellowships for Ph.D. students at universities globally whose research is in line with the Microsoft Research areas of focus.
The Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship is a global initiative that recognizes and empowers the next generation of outstanding computing research talent. Microsoft recognizes the importance of diversity in computing and seeks to expand the pipeline of talent earning advanced degrees in computing-related fields to create a deeper and inclusive computing-related research culture.
Proposed research must be closely related to one of the themes at Microsoft Research Cambridge:
- A sum of $15,000 USD for their doctoral thesis.
- Fellows will enjoy a 12-week paid internship.
- Also, they will have opportunities to build relationships with research teams at Microsoft and receive mentorship.
- Candidates for the Microsoft fellowship program must come from one of the eligibility countries or continent
- Ph.D. students must be enrolled at a university in EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, or Africa).
- He/she must be in his/her third year or above in their Ph.D. program
- They must continue to be enrolled at the university at the beginning of the academic year 2022 or forfeit the award.
- Fluency in the English Language both in writing and verbally.
Interested applicants are to submit the following documents for application to the fellowship program
- Curriculum vitae
- A brief thesis proposal or research statement (not more than 2 pages including references with font no smaller than 10-point)
- Summary of the above thesis proposal or research statement in not more than 150 words.
- Two letters of recommendations.
To summit proposal for the fellowship program, click here
Deadline: June 30, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.