The Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship calls for proposals for conservation and scientific research that make use of the Rijksmuseum’s collection and resources.
Migelien Gerritzen welcomes international, independent research proposals that open new perspectives on the Rijksmuseum’s collection, its history, and activities. The purpose of the Fellowship Programme is to encourage and support scholarly investigation, and to contribute to academic discourses while strengthening bonds between the museum and universities. The program enables highly talented candidates to base part of their research at the Rijksmuseum and offers access to the museum’s expertise, collections, library, and laboratories. Furthermore, it facilitates opportunities for Fellows to engage in workshops and excursions to encourage the exchange of knowledge – both amongst themselves and the broader museum audience.
This Fellowship enables early career scholars to conduct conservation and scientific research on artworks and historical artifacts. The focus should be the Rijksmuseum collection or ideation that has been initiated at the Rijksmuseum.
- The Rijksmuseum will cover visa fees for the Fellow,
- A stipend of €39,000 for MA graduate/Ph.D. Fellows and €45,000 for Postdoctoral Fellows
- The Fellowship will allow for limited travel for research in art collections and archives elsewhere in Europe to a maximum value of €5,000 annually.
- Fellowships are open to candidates of all nationalities and with varied specialisms. They may include conservators and scientists.
- The Migelien Gerritzen Fellowship is open to MA graduates, as well as Ph.D. students and post-doctoral candidates.
- Candidates should have proven research capabilities, academic credentials, and excellent command of the English language – both written and spoken.
Along with the application form, applicants are to include the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover Later
- Research proposal
- Copy of published paper or a recent sample of writing.
For detailed information on how to apply click here
Deadline: January 17, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.