The 2023 Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships are open to young professionals, mid-career, and new executives from Africa with relevant work experience and a master’s degree.
The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the African Development Bank (Abidjan), the UN Economic Commission for Africa (Addis Ababa), or the International Trade Centre (Geneva).
During their 12-month programs, Fellows gain both technical and leadership skills, while contributing directly to research and policy design. A special feature of the program is the opportunity to benefit from the direct mentorship of the heads of the host organizations.
The Fellow will also have the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and help implement innovative approaches to various strategic issues of importance to the Bank’s mission and objectives, based on international best practices.
- Undertake research and analysis of existing and emerging strategy, program, and policy areas relevant to the Bank, as required.
- Assist with the monitoring and analysis of the implementation of various Bank Group initiatives as well as the regular work program, and prepare briefs, memos, and other documentation that convey in non-technical terms the likely impact;
- Participate in high-level discussions and contribute to the preparation of the President’s meetings and missions; and
- Carry out any other assigned duties by relevant senior staff in the President’s office.
Duration: 12 months
- The fellow will receive an annual stipend monthly paid by the Bank out of the funds provided by the Foundation.
- All expenses related to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance but excluding travel and shipping costs relating to assumption of duty and repatriation, will be borne by the Bank.
Applicants for the Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships Program must meet the following criteria:
- Be national of an African country
- Have a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree
- Under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- Any additional criteria as set by the host
- Applications will only be considered if they are submitted online with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of birth, nationality, education, and relevant experience.
- Applicants must also attach copies of academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
To apply for Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships Program, click here.
Deadline: October 21, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.