Application is currently ongoing for the 2021 MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship for International students in Canada and U.S.
The MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarships are awarded annually to international and DACA students enrolled at Universities supported by MPOWER in Canada or the US. For study in the U.S., the applicant must meet one of the criteria below:
- He/she must have a valid visa that permits him/her to study in the U.S.
- should have a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder).
While for study in Canada, applicant should be a Canadian permanent resident or has a valid Canadian study permit.
MPOWER believes in not just expanding access to higher education but also creating globally-minded, multi-lingual, culturally competent graduates poised to take on the world’s most pressing problems in science, technology, business, and public policy!
In recognition of the extraordinary potential of these students, MPOWER created the Global Citizen Scholarship and designed the program to match the broad, diverse experiences of international students.
- Grand Prize: $5,000
- Honorable Mentions (2): $1,000
The Global Citizen Scholarship is open to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Has been accepted or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- Be an international student with the legal right to study in the U.S. or Canada.
- The quality of the applicant’s essay; the essay should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals and vision, and superior communication skills in English; and
- The applicant’s potential as a scientist, entrepreneur, leader, and/or change-maker who will make a positive impact.
To apply to the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarships, click here
Deadline: July 20 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site .