The Director of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange announces the call for proposals for participation in the Banach Scholarship Programme – second-cycle studies (NAWA).
The Program aims to support the socio-economic development of developing countries by raising the level of education and professional qualifications of citizens of countries eligible to participate in the Program by providing them with a scholarship to study in Poland for a second cycle.
The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange collaborated on the program, which is part of Poland’s development assistance program.
The NAWA scholarship shall amount to:
- PLN 1700 per month during the preparatory course
- PLN 1,500 per month during second-cycle studies.
During their studies, the scholarship holders shall also receive:
- in the first year of studies, the first monthly scholarship increased by PLN 500,
- in the last year of studies, the last monthly scholarship increased by PLN 500.
Foreigners who meet all of the following criteria at the time of the NAWA call for proposals may apply for a scholarship under the Programme:
- citizens of one of the eligible countries;
- do not have Polish citizenship and have not applied for Polish citizenship;
- are planning to start second-cycle studies or a preparatory course in the academic year 2022/23;
- have not obtained a diploma of completion of second-cycle studies or long-cycle master’s studies;
- If there is no system of two-cycle studies commonly applied in the candidate’s country of origin, candidates with a diploma of master’s studies or equivalent shall be admitted.
- scan of a valid passport  with the applicant’s personal data, confirming the applicant’s citizenship,
- scan of the first-cycle studies diploma in the field eligible for the countries covered by the Programme,
- Recommendation letter issued by the applicant’s place of study (foreign HEI) or planned place of study (Polish HEI), or drafted by a Polish diplomatic mission in accordance with the accreditation area of the institution or by a non-governmental organization.
- scan of a document confirming the knowledge of Polish/English language.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: March 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.