Applications are currently ongoing for the Netflix Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2022.
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service, with over 209 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
In early 2021, Netflix announced its commitment to supporting Black representation in the Film & TV industry to the creative ecosystem in South Africa. Specifically, the company has committed to funding full post-graduate scholarships at higher educational institutions in South Africa to support the formal qualification and training of aspiring Black creatives in the film and TV disciplines.
The Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance through full scholarships at partner higher educational institutions in South Africa, to support the formal qualification and training of aspiring Black creatives in the film and TV disciplines.
- Postgraduate students pursuing one-year postgraduate studies in Film, Television and/or audio-visual related qualification at one of the below mentioned institutions.
- Black students, as defined by the B-BBEE Code of Conduct (Black, Coloured or Indian).
- Only South African citizens are eligible for this scholarship
- Undergraduate academic average of 60% minimum, must have completed between the years 2019 and 2021.
- Self-funded students (students who have another bursary or NSFAS funding will not qualify).to Ph.D.) in the year of
To apply for the NETFLIX 2022 Postgraduate Scholarship, click here.
Deadline: October 30, 2021.
For more information about NETFLIX 2022 Postgraduate Scholarship, visit the official site.