Application is open to non-UK scientists who are at an early stage of their research career and wish to conduct research in the UK.
The Newton International Fellowships enable researchers to work at a UK institution for two years in order to promote long-term international collaborations. The program seeks to recruit the most talented early-career postdoctoral scholars in the natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities from around the world.
The aims for the Newton International Fellowships scheme are to:
- Ensure the best postdoctoral researchers across all relevant disciplines from around the world are supported in the UK.
- Foster long-term relations between Newton International Fellows and the UK research base through the establishment of an alumni program for former Fellows of this scheme.
- Support the development and training of postdoctoral researchers at an early stage of their career from any country outside the UK, by providing an opportunity to work at a UK research institution for two years.
The Newton International Fellowships provide funding for two years, covering:
- subsistence, at a fixed rate of £24,000 per annum
- research expenses
- relocation expenses
- contribution to visa costs for Newton International Fellow and their dependents (partner and children)
- contribution to overheads at UK Host Organisation
To be eligible to apply applicants must:
- have a Ph.D., or will have a Ph.D. by the time the funding starts
- have no more than 7 years of active full-time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks)
- be working outside the UK
- not hold UK citizenship
- be competent in oral and written English
- have a clearly defined and mutually beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
To apply for the Newton international fellowships for early career researchers 2021, click here.
Deadline: June 16, 2021.
For more information on the Newton research fellowship, visit the official site.