Applications are invited to Norbert Elias Fellowship at the Center for Interdisciplinary Research (Zentrum für interdisziplinäre Forschung, ZiF) in Bielefeld, Germany.
The Center for Interdisciplinary Research (Zentrum für interdisziplinäre Forschung, ZiF) is the Institute for Advanced Study of Bielefeld University and has been fostering outstanding interdisciplinary Research Groups for more than 50 years.
The ZiF Research Group Economic and Legal Challenges in the Advent of Smart Products is convened by Prof. Dr. Herbert Dawid, Bielefeld University, Prof. Dr. Sabine Gless, University of Basel, and Prof. Dr. Gerd Muehlheusser, University of Hamburg. It will bring together international Fellows from different disciplines to work together at the ZiF from October 2021 to July 2022. The Research Group’s working language is English. Successful applicants will become Fellows of this Research Group and live and work at the ZiF. Norbert Elias Fellows also have the opportunity to work on their own projects, qualification, and networking.
Duration: Ten months
The ZiF offers:
- monthly stipend of 3,000 €
- free accommodation at the ZiF’s campus
- travel expenses and
- health insurance costs.
- Senior researchers and postdocs from African universities from all disciplines whose research and publications are closely linked to the Research Group’s topic are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should be willing and able to conduct high-level research in thematically relevant research fields such as innovation, industrial economics, law and economics, digitization, and smart products.
- They should be interested in interdisciplinary collaboration and willing to engage in the activities of the Research Group, such as jour fixes, talks, workshops, and conferences.
- Since ZiF’s aim is also to extend their interdisciplinary networks to Africa, they are looking especially for researchers who are planning to continue their careers in Africa.
To apply for this fellowship, applicants are requested to send
- Curriculum Vitae and
- Letter of motivation (maximum 3 pages,) describing their research and how they intend to contribute to the Research Group.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.